Sunday, January 25, 2009

Like a Phoenix rises from the ashes...Christmas Miracles!

So, after a 2 month hiatus - I am back.

I cannot really say that there was a particular reason for my absence (other than busy w/ work and the holidays).

Please to be reading the following accounts of our two Christmas Miracles.

First, I lost my original wedding ring on a trip to Itay 4 years ago. Annie bought me a new one and it disappeared just about a year ago. I think that she was starting to question the stability of our holy union given my penchant for losing rings.

That being said, I always thought that I left the second ring at my in-laws' house on a Sunday. During the Christmas break I happened to be in their basement and Willie was looking for something in the chair cushion and guess what? There is my ring (as well as my old thumb drive). They both must have fallen out of my pocket and just sat there until they were discovered.

On to miracle two. As a Christmas present, Annie and I got a Dyson Animal vacuum. After setting it up, I went on a vacuuming rampage (under furniture, edges, etc.). As I was vacuuming our bedroom, I moved our red chair and lo and behold, our second Touareg key (that had been missing for 6+ months). A car key, not that big of a deal, right? Wrong, these VW keys are the laser cut type that cannot be replicated at Home Depot. You have to go to the dealership and pay $250.

The best part of finding the key was that I was able to clear my good name. Annie accused me of losing it, but it was found near her chair.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

No comments: